Individuals seeking weight loss surgery were found to report poor sleep time, poor sleep quality, and clinically significant insomnia symptoms. Individuals seeking weight loss surgery were found to report significantly decreased sleep efficiency.
- Keep a sleep journal to identify what issues you are having with sleep.
- Detail what activities you complete before going to bed.
- Keep record of what foods/drinks you consume before bed.
- Avoid looking at your phone or news for at least 1 hour before bed.
- Try to aim for 7/8 hours of sleep each night
Before surgery assessment and treatment of sleep problems could be beneficial to patients and may help improve weight loss treatment outcomes.
Link to Article: