Educating oneself on more healthy food choices increases the success of weight loss after surgery. Increase the intake of fruit and decrease high fat and high carbohydrate choices.
- Discuss with your doctor specific recommendations for eating behaviors, physical exercise, supplements, etc. after surgery.
- Increase purchases of healthy foods.
- Try a variety of healthy foods to determine which ones you enjoy eating.
- Try to incorporate your favorite healthy foods into your daily eating habits, which replaces the unhealthy foods.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
Self-management behaviors (i.e., eating habits, physical activity, supplements) were found to be significantly related to medical adherence in general and specific medical adherence for following recommendations from their weight loss doctor, which can be strengthen based on the information provided to individuals about their treatment after weight loss surgery.
Link to Article: