Based on the impact of COVID-19, individuals reported increased anxiety, depression, and difficulty in achieving weight loss goals. Individuals reported a decrease in time spent exercising and decreased difficulty in exercises while stock-pilling food and stress eating increased.
- When you are having to workout at home, try to find things that are available to you around your house (i.e., cans as weights).
- Keep track of the food that you are eating and when you eat.
- When you feel hungry assess if it is actually hunger or emotions leading you to eat.
- If you do stress eat, try to switch out junk food for healthier options.
- Identify an activity that you can do instead of stress eating.
Individuals reported a decrease in positive health behaviors, while experiencing increases in harmful behaviors which was associated with declines in mental health.
Link to Article: