The feeling of losing control and grazing can increase the risk of weight gain. Impulse control techniques can increase the success rate after bariatric surgery.
- After surgery, monitor your eating behavior.
- If disordered eating behaviors start to appear, determine what increases that behavior.
- Discuss with your doctor ways that you can increase benefits after surgery.
- List behaviors that you can participate in instead of disordered eating.
- Discuss with your support system ways that you want to be held accountable.
Before having surgery, individuals should be aware of their role in the treatment process, changes that they can prepare for, the need for a support system, and the potential for disordered eating to reemerge.
Link to Article: