Sedentary behaviors increase weight and the need for weight loss treatment. Success is dependent on the decrease in watching tv, sitting at computer, sitting talking on phone, and long hours driving.
- Decrease the number of hours spent watching tv or increase physical activity while watching tv.
- Engage in face-to-face conversations to decrease the long hours spent on phone.
- Increase hobbies to decrease staying in same spot for long periods.
- Increase physical activities
- Include family/friends to increase activity level.
Television-viewing was the most highly endorsed sedentary behavior that participants frequently engaged in, which can be an important lifestyle modification for reducing total sedentary time in weight loss surgery candidates.
Link to Article: