Reports of past sexual abuse were found to be common amongst obese individuals. Those that reported abuse, were found to have significantly worse mental health status than non-abused.
- Along with physical health, make sure to prioritize your mental health.
- If you are having any psychological difficulties, try to identify areas that need improvement.
- Find resources, through this app, that you could utilize to improve your mental health.
- Record changes in your mental health based on other factors that could influence it (i.e., physical health, stress level, body image).
- If you need more individualized psychological resources, please contact your local psychological services.
Although it was common for obese individuals to report a past sexual history, body max index was not found to be associated with abuse. Alcohol addiction, low-income status, and psychiatric diagnoses were associated with sexual abuse.
Link to Article: