Although participants endorsed the belief of the health benefits that occur due to physical activity, participants reported insufficient levels of physical activity to receive those benefits. Barriers to physical activity that participants identified included physical limitations, self-presentation, lack of motivation, and lack of time.
- Identify barriers to engaging in physical activity.
- What solutions can be identified to overcome those barriers.
- When you can complete physical activity identify the environment that you were able to be successful in.
- When you are unable to complete physical activity identify the environment that you were unable to be successful in.
- Based on the environments that you are unable to be successful in, add in aspects from the environments that you were able to be successful in.
Individuals should assess what barriers they have in regard to physical activity and if they are likely to change after surgery.
Link to Article: