People can often be addicted to sweet foods. It can be the reward that contributes to obesity. After bariatric surgery, patients find sweet and fatty meals less appealing.
- Keep a journal to increase awareness of the effects that new eating habits have on the body in relation to previous eating habits.
- Find healthy food to substitute for sweet foods to be rewards.
- Talk with family and friends to initiate the use of hobbies to substitute to satisfaction of binge eating.
- Determine what resources are needed based on your psychological needs after weight loss surgery to continue gains post-surgery.
- Based on eating habits changing after weight loss surgery be mindful of the amount of food intake that is appropriate.
Binge eating and night eating habits will change after bariatric surgery as the body will be unable to consume the same amount of food sources.
Link to Article: