Results of the study showed that obesity may increase the risk of a patient having a depression diagnosis. In a specific weight loss procedure, sleeve gastrectomy, it was found to produce weight loss in greater than 90% of patients, who also showed reduction in depressive symptoms.
- Determine positive reinforcements for yourself to provide incentives for you to continue this journey.
- Identify ways that family and friends can help you along the journey.
- Discuss with family and friends how you want them to be involved in your journey.
- Focus on aspects of yourself that you like.
- Along your journey track your thoughts about yourself in a journal to see how your self-esteem improves.
Post weight loss surgery was shown to have improvements in family relationships, self-esteem and produces a high index of satisfaction, mainly due to the observed weight loss.
Link to Article: