The results of the study showed significant decrease of depressive symptoms after weight loss surgery. However, anxiety did not show any significant changes after weight loss surgery.
- Determine what environments that increase and decrease your anxiety and depression.
- Try to adapt environments to promote a decrease in your anxiety and depression.
- Find mindfulness techniques that decrease your anxiety.
- Participate in activates that provide your fulfillment.
- If your depression and anxiety are not improving, discuss with your doctor about professional psychological resources.
After weight loss surgery, individuals with anxiety and depressive disorders, both currently and life long, were found to not lose as much weight when compared to other individuals.
Link to Article: