Overweight participants that endorsed depression and/or anxiety were found to gain weight. Overweight participants without mental health endorsement for depression and/or anxiety were found to lose some weight.
- Try to find ways to move either around your house or outside.
- Workouts do not have to involve going to a gym.
- If you find that you eat when stressed, look for healthier foods to snack on.
- Find people that encourage your weight loss journey.
- Keep a journal to track how your mental health impacts your weight loss.
Depression and anxiety both can have a negative impact on a person’s health by eating more, being less social, and less active.
Link to Article: